Where mythological deities preside over sacred temples and local legends waft through ancient palaces, the mystical and exotic history of the "Island of Gods" mingles amid a diverse secular heritage of arts, music, dances and crafts. Get outside for your daily dose of sun, sand, sea and surfing, and you'll find yourself right in the heart of it all at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak.
In our own world of natural splendors set in the Indonesian archipelago, go from a day of basking on a stunning beach to browsing the island's most eclectic collections of art, crafts, dining and shopping just steps from our extraordinary tropical setting. The chicest enclave in Bali where the sunshine is golden and the nightlife scintillates, your days and nights revolve around an ever-evolving mix of excitement, whether you're staying in or going all out.
Go paragliding off breathtaking cliffs, or take the plunge with the adrenaline rush of bungy-jumping and sky-diving. If you just can't get enough of the water, the surf is always up, and or you can make a splash with kayaking and white-water rafting. Trek across mountains terraced with padi fields or go underwater and explore this side of the life aquatic on a diving or snorkeling expedition. If you have your game on, tee off at one of the island's gorgeous golf courses or try your hand at sport fishing.
Explore Bali's largest and holiest temple, Pura Besakih, where you can pay homage as the sun rises—the ultimate Balinese experience. At Goa Gajah, a grotto of elaborate stone carvings dated to the ninth century, immerse yourself in historical spirituality before learning more about it at Pacifica Art Museum, Museum Rudana, Museum Blanco and Puri Lukisan. Balinese culture comes alive through the magical synchronicity of its music and highly stylized dances, not to mention waves of colorful batik and ethnic art. Visit artisans and craftsmen at the Ubud Art Village, where you can also learn these heritage skills, or browse the galleries to curate your personal collection. If your shopping stamina is still going strong, the Discovery Shopping Mall, Bali Collection Shopping Gallery and Mall Bali Galeria should round out your retail reconaissance.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Tanah Lot Temple 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Pacifica Art Museum 21.7 km/13.5 miles
- Museum Antonio Blanco 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Museum Rudana 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Kintamani and Lake of Batur 75.0 km/46.6 miles
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan 55.0 km/34.2 miles
- Besakih Temple 61.8 km/38.4 miles
- Goa Gajah 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Uluwatu Temple 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Ubud Mongkey Forest 33.0 km/20.5 miles
- Goa Lawah 37.0 km/23.0 miles
- Gitgit Waterfall 55.0 km/34.2 miles
- Mount Agung 72.0 km/44.7 miles
- Mount Batur – Volcano 78.0 km/48.5 miles
- Ubud Art Village 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Lovina 90.7 km/56.4 miles
- Kuta Beach 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Echo Beach – Canggu 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana - Cultural Park 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- Tanjung Benoa Water Sport Center 21.1 km/13.1 miles
- Bali Marine Safari Park – Gianyar 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Seminyak Square 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Discovery Shopping Mall 9.1 km/5.7 miles
- Mall Bali Galleria 9.6 km/6.0 miles
- Bali Collection Shopping Gallery 21.0 km/13.1 miles